If you want to chat with a few people at the same time, group chat is the best option for it. So you can share your ideas with all members at the same time. When you are doing group works, group chat helps a lot. In this situation, what do you think that, if you are less interested and you want to leave a from the group chat? Then you may be looking at how to leave a group chat on iPhone and iPad. This article guides you to leave the group chat on iMessage.
If you want to stop notifications on group chat without leaving it, you can follow this method. It will stop getting a notification, and you can view conversation anytime. Follow this method.
- Launch message app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the group chat and tap again on the name of the group conversation you want to top notification
- Now select the info option, and it will go to the next screen.
- You will get a list of option and find Hide Alerts option
- Tap on the toggle switch and turn on hiding Alerts option.
- Now you will not get any specific group chat notification to alter to your phone, But anytime you can view the conversation.
How to a leaving group chat permanently on iMessage.
- Launch Message app on iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the group chat you want to leave
- Now tap on group chat name on the top middle
- Select Info and scroll down on the next screen.
- On the bottom of the screen, you can see Leave this Conversation option. Tap on it, and it will ask again, "Leave this Conversation" with a popup. Tap on it and confirm it.
Now you cannot send messages to group chat you leave. Also you never get any chat update from the group chat.group conversation